Thursday 4 April 2013

Topshop Make-up - Blush Stick in Acting up - Review & Swatches


I spotted this when shopping in my local Topshop the other day (featured in my previous haul post - here), and was probably a lot more excited about it than i naturally should've been. It's a twist-up stick of a very bright, coral-toned-orange, cream blush - so bright that it put me off at first. However, once tested, i found that i could easily blend it out to a lovely peachy colour. It reminds me of the Nars multiple sticks, and although it's not marketed as more than a blush, i'm sure it would do no harm to use it on the lips, and eyes if you wanted. It was this 'multiple' quality that attracted me to it; I'm going holiday-ing and traveling quite a bit over summer and i figured this lovely little product will save me space, doubling up as a blush and a lipstick. I think the peachy orange tone will look perfect with a tan too! 
I've been using it quite a bit since i bought it and i find that the peachy coraly colour (so technical) is really flattering on my skin tone. It's super quick to apply and blends easily, sinking into the skin, giving a very natural look. It also blends onto the lips fairly easily too, giving a very subtle colour. The only negative I would say i have noticed so far is it's lack of staying power - it looks lovely for the first hour or so but then it just seems to disappear, so definitely a product that would need to be kept handy for touch-ups now and again.
The product retails for £10 which i think is quite reasonable since you only need a very small amount each time, and it doubles up as a lipstick. Buy here.
Topshop also sell a bright pink version of this product called Sneakpeak for the same price, available here.

4 comments:

  1. I love those sorts of 'multiple use' products, although I often just use lipstick on my cheeks as a blush if i haven't got any blusher on me at work or college :) the colour of this one is so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that all the time too! :) yeah, i think it's perfect for summer :) x

      Delete
  2. This sounds awesome!I've heard the revlon one is good as well! xo
    http://hollieappleby.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo i didn't know revlon did one!? I'll have to look into that :) x

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting :) x