Thursday 30 October 2014

Easy Halloween Nail Art



I was inspired by these nails, posted on Primark's Instagram account, created by user @kayleighjeana. I thought they looked so effective yet relatively easy compared to some of the other Halloween- themed nail art that I've seen.

Obviously, the fact that these nails are amazingly long and pointed, adds to the Halloween look. Unfortunately for me, i'm not blessed with strong or fast-growing nails so mine look a little pathetic compared with these babies! But as far as the polish goes, i'm really happy with how they turned out :)

I started with a clear base coat, then painted on two coats of Model's Own 'Snow White'. Once the white was dry, I took Model's Own 'Red Red Wine' and, one nail at a time, I dotted it thickly along the edge, before taking a q-tip/cotton bud to smudge and drag it down the nail. I also used the length of a pin to create the lines and the end of the pin to make small dots with the red. Once it was all dry, I applied a clear top coat to seal it all together.

You don't have to use the same polishes as me, any red and white will do, or you could experiment with different colours - black nails with green 'slime' could look really cool! 

Hope you guys have fun experimenting with all aspects of your costumes! Happy Halloween! :)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :) x