Monday 4 March 2013

Collective Haul - Primark, H&M, Superdrug & more

So, i've done it again. I don't mean to, it somehow just seems to happen! Anyway, i'm pretty pleased with my purchases so i can't complain too much :)

First of all, i made another trip to Primark, i really need to stop going in there because i always find so much that i want. I went back in for a basic khaki tee from the men's section. My boyfriend had bought it a couple of weeks ago, and i wanted one too, as i love the colour and it's one of those t shirts i'll be able to get a lot of wear out of. I'm also a sucker for roll sleeves. While there i spotted a rather bright, slightly sheer, crop top which i completely fell in love with! Not everyone's cup of tea i know, but i can't wait to wear it in summer. Lastly, i found some lovely statement collar tips.
Crop Top - £6 // Khaki Tee - £4 // Collar Tips - £1.50
I visited Nottingham last weekend to see my boyfriend, and I always love doing a bit of shopping while i'm up there as they have some really nice vintage shops. I found a new one this time called Backlash on Market Street, where i picked up a gorgeous cream cable knit jumper for just £12.99! I've wanted a jumper like this for years, but have never bought one because they're always normally over £20. I was contemplating getting the one with elbow patches from Primark but that was £14, and this is much nicer, so i'm feeling rather smug. For anyone in the Nottingham area, Backlash had a whole huge rack full of jumpers like this, all for £12.99 so definitely go check them out! It's really long but i prefer wearing it tucked under, like in the photo below.
Vintage Cable Knit Jumper - £12.99
Finally, i visited H&M because i wanted one of their basic black bodycon skirts. I also had a look at the jewllwery while in there and - hallelujah - i finally found a gorgeous spiky necklace! 2 of them in this case! I've been after a statement/collar/triangle/spiky necklace for literally a year and i was so happy when i spotted these. They are two separate necklaces sold together. The first is shorter with a thick chain and with 7 small triangles equally spaced across the front. The second one is longer with a much thinner double chain. On the slightly longer of the two chains there are 11 inch long spikes.
Two Gold Statement Necklaces - £6.99 // Basic Skirt - £3.99

The other day, i was in poundland, on the hunt for cheap paint brushes, and i made an amazing discovery - they sell dove shampoos! I love the dove shampoos and conditioners, i think they're such good quality and my hair seems to love them too. I couldn't believe i could get them for a pound each! So i picked up a couple I haven't tried before - the volume boost shampoo, and the nourishing oil care conditioner. I always tend to by mismatching shampoo and conditioner since my roots and ends have totally different needs. Full review on those coming soon!
I also popped into Superdrug while in Nottingham as i was on the hunt for a liquid cleanser. After much deliberation (and a large amount of very bored and annoyed sighing from my boyfriend) i settled on the Garnier Fresh Essentials cleanser with Grape extract. I liked what it promised on the back, and i tired it on the back of my hand and it smelt amazing and left my skin feeling so soft. I really like it so far - full review on that coming up too :) 
Dove Shampoo & Conditioner - £1 each // Garnier Cleanser - £1.50


6 comments:

  1. My hair also loves Dove conditioner. You can be surprised in Poundland. Also, Primark do collar tips?! Amazing!

    www.gvadlln.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they had quite a few different ones as far as i remember! x

      Delete
  2. love love love th cable jumper! Can never have too many jumpers haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, i was so pleased with it, it's lovely and thick and warm too :) xx

      Delete
  3. Wow I wouldn't have thought those collar tips or the jumper were Primark if you hadn't of said! Great bargains :)
    Is the Dove volume shampoo any good? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the collar tips are lovely, the jumper is vintage though, from a store in Nottingham :)
      Not for my hair aha, looking back i don't really know why I picked volume, my roots are flat, but my hairdresser has told me that my hair is so long and heavy that no volume shampoo is gonna lift it :') aha, it feels and smells lovely though! And, for £1, i'd definitely say it's worth a try with shorter hair :) x

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting :) x