Saturday 9 March 2013

My Everyday Make-Up Routine


I like the Mac Longwear Foundation because of it's long lasting finish, and it's good coverage, although i do find it too heavy when worn alone. I also like that it has an SPF of 10. NC20 is perfect for me when I have a tan, but it is too dark for me at the moment, so mixing it with an equal amount of Healthy Mix not only lightens the colour, but also sheers out the coverage. I apply this in circular, buffing motions using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush.

I used to use Erase Paste by Benefit but wanted to try something new, and had heard good things about this one so decided to try it out. Although i do love how creamy and soft it is, and it does give good coverage, the Erase Paste was much better at covering my under eye circles, so i shall be switching back to that after I finish this one. I dab this on under my eyes, around my nose, mouth and where i suffer from redness, and on any blemishes.

I love this blusher, it's such a pretty warm pinky peach colour, easy to wear all year round, and the cream formula really sinks into the skin making it look like a natural flush. I dab this onto my cheeks using my fingers, starting on the apples and blending outwards and up my cheekbones.

After applying primer potion all over my eyelids, I powder over and under my eyes, and down my T-Zone using the Real Techniques Contour Brush from the Core Collection - it's so soft and i find it the perfect size for powdering my face. The powder I use is Rimmel's Clear Complexion Powder - it smashed so I ground it down and put in an an old Sheer Cover powder jar, so i now use it like a loose powder with I actually prefer.

Sometimes, if i feel like I need some extra colour on my cheeks I'll use this over the top of Posey. I also think it sets the cream, making the overall colour last longer. Same story here as with the Rimmel Powder - it got smashed so I put it in another old powder jar that I found. I use my beloved Elf Blush Brush to apply this.

For my eyes I use a large flat (unbranded) brush to apply Nougat (a matte ivory) into my inner coner and across my eye lid. I then use a smaller (again, unbranded) brush to apply Bark (a cool toned matte brown) to my outer corner and along my crease. I also use Bark on a 266 brush from Mac, to fill in and define my eyebrows. Read my review on this palette here.

I love felt tip liners - i find them so much easier to use than anything else! And for the price, this one is brilliant and gives amazing colour payoff and pretty good staying power when used with a primer. I like to apply it in a classic 'winged' shape. 

Lastly I curl my lashes and apply a couple of coats of this mascara to the top and bottom lashes. I do really like this mascara, but it's not the one - i'm still yet to find Mr. Right on my seemingly never-ending search. I buy a different mascara every time, but don't yet have my sights set on anything in particular for when this one dries up, so recommendations would be much appreciated!

Hope you enjoyed this post, what are your everyday treasures? Let me know if you would like to see a full review of any of the products I've mentioned :) 

18 comments:

  1. I also use the au natural palette most days :D I love the shade bark and taupe is another favourite of mine xxx

    http://lashingsoflipstick.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo i love Taupe too! I always use it if i'm going out or if i want for of a noticeable day make up :) xx

      Delete
  2. Great items! I love your blog(: New follower here, you can check my blog out if you wish!!

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellooo, thank you for following! :) i love your blog and have followed you back! :) x

      Delete
  3. love your picks! and i love my real techniques buffing brush! i'm your newest follower so i'd love it if you maybe checked out my blog?

    katy x

    http://therawrdrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) love your blog hun, i've followed back :) x

      Delete
  4. Lovely post followed ya! :)

    xx
    http://thelastbrokenroad.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emily! I nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog. Thank you so much for having such an amazing blog! You can find out more about this award at modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com under the Liebster Award post.

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try the benefit blush. I nominated you for the Leinster award xx
    http://whatagiraffehearts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/leibster-award.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous, and it seems to be lasting me an absolute eternity! aha x

      Delete
  7. You should do a video about this! :D

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but i'm too shy for videos! xx

      Delete
  8. I very nearly bought posey the other day! It looks gorgeous.the benefit blush is also on my wish list xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both really lovely and they last for so so long that, in my opinion, it makes them worth the money :) xx

      Delete
  9. Great post! Love all these products!! Now following you via GFC, would love if you could check out my blog ;)

    XoXo
    Teresa
    http://www.chicaffordable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) i will do when i get chance hun :) xx

      Delete
  10. Thanks hun, i'll check out your blog when i get the chance :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) x