Sunday 20 January 2013

FOTD | Beguiled by Topshop


This winter I finally decided that it was time for me to try out the plummy/vampy lip trend. I knew i wanted a Topshop lipstick because I find that, for the price, they're pretty good quality and always seem to last really well on my lips. I had a small dilemma between Beguiled and Wicked, which was part of their limited edition "Dark Side of Nude" Collection (the eyeshadows of which are still available, and absolutely gorgeous). I went for Beguiled in the end though because i found it was more pinky/magenta toned than Wicked, and i always find pinky tones easier to work with. It looks more pink in the photos above than it does in reality - i'd describe it as a warm red wine colour with a pink undertone.

I picked it up from the Nottingham Topshop store around the start of December and have practically worn it at every chance since. I am in love with the colour, especially how (as shown in the swatch) you can blend it out to give your lips a stain, or build it up to achieve a really bold, statement lip, making it wearable for both day and night. I always make sure to build it up slowly using a small lip brush (i use the detailer brush from the Real Techniques Core Collection) in order to achieve a crisp, neat finish.

I'd definitely recommend Beguiled for anyone who wants a plummy dark lip without looking too vampy.

4 comments:

  1. That is such a gorgeous shade for your skintone - I really love the vampy lip trend, honestly when I bought my first dark lipstick I couldn't spend a day without wearing it!! ^.^;

    flawedfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) aha, yep, i know exactly what you mean! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah thank you for reviewing this! Have been searching for a review of this lipstick for ages !xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) x