Monday 31 March 2014

Spring/Summer 2014 Clothing Wishlist


I already own a black Catalina dress and I love it! The fit is perfect and supper flattering. It is a little on the short side, so if you're a bit conscious about dresses being too short it might not be for you. But it's totally dependent your body so i'd say definitely worth a try - you can always return it :) I want to invest in a couple of bright colours for summer and i'm a sucker for bright blue and orange! Motel stock loads of other colours, and patterned versions too, but personally i find plain dresses to be more wearable. This cut is also cute enough to wear during the day, but you can easily dress it up for night time/going out too!

The super fun print makes this playsuit an instant winner in my book. I love the girly pinks and turquoises, and the vertical stripes of colour make it really flattering. I think the shape of this playsuit, loose around the bum and boobs but cinched in at the waist, makes it wearable for any body shape, and the crochet back adds a little bit of unexpected detail. You could wear this during the day with flats and a plain cardi, or dress it up at night with some heeled sandals and simple jewelry.  

I just think this is such a cute crop top, and i'm loving the monochrome trend for spring. This would be great with a skirt and cardi in spring, and with a pair of high-waisted denim shorts in summer.

This dress is so pretty, and i think it has such a cute fifties, feminine feel to it. Makes me think of ice creams in the park in summer :)

I'm rather in love with this skirt - again it's part of the monochrome trend which I'm loving at the moment, but i also think it's got of a bit of a 90s 'Clueless' feel to it. It's a great transition piece that could be worn with tights or bare legs, and i think it'd work for both day and night wear too.

I have a growing collection of oversized t-shirts. I'm not usually one for slogan tees but I love the minimalist nature of this one and the slogan is pretty cute. Think it means 'very in fashion', correct me if i'm wrong, it's been a few years since i've done french! 

8) Missguided Cloud Print Crop Top (£9.99) and A-Line Mini Skirt (£9.99)
I don't usually like co-ords much but I've really fallen for this set! I think it's got such a 90s feel to it and would look great worn together, or as separate pieces. I think you could get away with wearing it all year round too (not constantly of course). Also, it would work for day and night wear too! Definitely going too have to pick this set up soon.

I spotted these shorts (this skort?) on the Miss Selfridge website a while ago but wasn't sure about them. I had a chance to pop into one of their stores last week so I went to hunt these down and they are so much nicer in person! They're high waisted and are in a lovely thin, soft fabric. I love the idea of skorts - look like a skirt but have the security of short-level coverage - but i've never found any that I like. I think these are really cute though, and i've been seeing daisy print everywhere recently, definitely going to big for summer!

I don't actually own a black skater skirt but always wish i did - aha i know that sounds silly but i'm very bad at getting round to buying things! Anyway, I don't like spending a lot on basic items so this £8 one from Boohoo would be perfect. I think it's a good item for the spring transition too - wear with thick tights when it's cold, not so thick tights when it's springtime and then get those lovely bare leggys out when summer comes! 

11) Topshop Lace Frill Socks - £3.50 each
These are just the cutest things. I'd wear them with heeled boots and sandals to add a springy feel :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think of my wishlist? Is there anything in particular you want for spring/summer this year? 

Spring/Summer 2014 Accessories & Footwear Wishlist coming next week!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :) x