Tuesday 19 February 2013

Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo & Conditioner Review

I picked these up about a couple of months ago from Sainsbury's. I was looking for a repairing shampoo since my hair is pretty damaged and i suffer from awful split ends. This sounded like it was just what my hair needed and it was on offer - 2 for £6 i think, which i thought was pretty good for such huge bottles! (900ml in total)
I've got to say that i love the formula. It's really thick and creamy and opaque (even the shampoo) which i feel like is more intensive than normal clear formulas. It also smells lovely and can still be smelt even after washing out and drying the hair (not a good thing for everyone i know). It leaves my hair feeling super soft and well conditioned and it looks a lot healthier than it is.
My only (rather large) problem with this is that it makes my hair go greasy a lot quicker than my previous shampoo (Aussie Mega). I have naturally quite a greasy scalp and this shampoo makes it so much worse. Sometimes, i'll wash my hair in the morning, and by the afternoon it's already starting to look greasy! I don't mind it just for going to uni and such, but on days where I want my hair to look properly clean and stay looking that way for the whole day and the day after, i'll switch back to using my trusty Aussie Mega shampoo.
I think this would be a great shampoo for people with a normal to dry scalp, just stay clear if you have a tendency to get greasy quickly. Other than that problem, it really does seem to do what it claims. You can buy it from Boots - the shampoo (500ml) here & the conditioner (400ml) here.

10 comments:

  1. I really like pantene products, they seem to be really good quality. Great review, i'm a new follower of your blog, and you can check out and follow my blog if you wish at www.rollerbladesandvintage.blogspot.com

    Tata, Leah at Amour, la fille. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might try this out as I'm currently just using the regular Pantene shampoo and conditioner but my hair practically never gets greasy but its a little damaged o this would probably work well! Great review xoxo

    http://whatagiraffehearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this would probably be perfect for you then! :) xx

      Delete
  3. nice review
    I'll be happy if you check out my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting on my post and following ^^
    I gotta say, we have the same hair problems!
    Great review, I'll be sure to try these.

    Arianne
    http://candid-outtakes.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem hun :) aha, glad i'm not the only one! :p xx

      Delete
  5. My hair always used to get greasy quickly, whichever shampoo and conditioner I tried. I found that if I washed my hair with shampoo twice, and only used a tiny spot of conditioner (steering clear of my roots!), there's no more dirty-looking hair in just a couple of days :) it really does work! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) x