Friday 15 February 2013

Topshop, Primark & Asos Haul

So, even though I'm meant to be saving money, over the last 2 weeks my bank balance has taken some pretty bad clothing-induced injuries. 

The Asos sale was the first to ensnare me. I managed to pick up a this lovely pair of high waisted 'Denim Knicker Shorts in Indigo' for £5. Now, by the word 'knicker' i knew they were gonna be skimpy, but i didn't realise just quite how skimpy until i tried them on - my poor bottom was hardly covered :( wayy to much bum for public viewing in my opinion. So those will be going back.
Next up i made the mistake of going into Topshop and Primark while having one of those "i'm gonna treat myself to things i can't really afford" type days.
I picked up two T-shirts from Topshop, and a top, skirt and pair of shoes (oh dear) from Primark.
Primark Maxi Skirt - £12  // Topshop LA Tee - £18 // Topshop Geek Tee - £16 // Primark Shoulder Spikes Tee - £5
The maxi skirt is one of those that is sheer material with a mini skirt sewn in underneath. It feels really soft and i think the length is pretty good (i'm 5'6"). The only thing I would say is that the sizing is off - I'd recommend getting a size bigger than you usually would. The white top is true to size, reaches to just below bum level and is also really soft. However I will be keeping an eye on the spikes during washing and drying, etc. as they don't feel particularly secure. 
I love my Topshop LA and Geek Tees. The material on both of them feels really good quality and they both have thick, rolled sleeves. The LA one also comes down to just below bum level.

Last but not least are my gorgeous Primark wedges. I was actually scouring the shoe section for some practical flat boots, but these caught my eye and once i'd tried them on i had to have them! They're the perfect height and the shape is really flattering, plus they're surprisingly comfy.
Primark Curve Wedges - £16
I decided to include a little video for you to show you how all the things look on. To get an idea of sizing, the tops and shorts are a size 8 while the skirt is a size 10.
Apologies in advance for my messy room, dirty mirror and rather awkward poses.


Denim Shorts (with Primark & LA tees) - Dad's old Levi's that I cut off.
Shoes (up until maxi skirt) - Primark Black Trainer Wedges.
Song - Gloss by SBTRKT

21 comments:

  1. I HAVE NOMINATED YOU FOR A LIEBSTER AWARD! GO TO MY BLOG FOR DETAILS.
    http://nocturnallexanna.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was already nominated for it a couple of weeks back though, check out my post on it if you like? :) http://mermaidhairandtoomuchmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/the-liebster-award.html

      xx

      Delete
  2. I'm in love with all of those, so gorgeous! I actually bought a spiked shoulder jumper from Primark and you're right, the spikes aren't really too secure, but for the price they're stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, i really like it, it's just the right amount of detail i think :) i'm pretty sure that they did one that was black with silver spikes as well. Pretty tempted to go back next week and get it! xx

      Delete
  3. I had my eye on that studded top from primark last time I went in there :) I hope the studs dont fall off, atleast for a while anyway! And I definitely agree with you on the knicker shorts issue, I hate seeing people's bums hanging out haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, i give them 3 washes before they start to fall off! Aha, we'll see, i'll update you when they do! :p
      Haha, i'm so glad you agree with me about that! :') xx

      Delete
  4. The video wouldn't work :/

    The LA top is fab, maxi skirts are deffo a must have this year!

    Thank you so much for your comment,
    http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, i am useless with technology! It literally took me all evening just to get it to upload and it still didn't work! :') aha, pretty sure i've fixed it now though!
      Thank you, i've wanted a maxi skirt for so long!
      No problem hun :) xx

      Delete
  5. Nice style! Love the LA and GEEK shirts :)

    Arianne
    http://candid-outtakes.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Nominated your blog for the Liebster Award!
    Check it out on my blog, if you like it you can follow me back xx
    http://candid-outtakes.blogspot.sg

    ♡,Arianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I've followed you :) xx

      Delete
  7. Love the GEEK tee! :)

    xxx

    http://liveyourhipsterlife.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think it's be great in summer! xx

      Delete
  8. Great things! Love the studded top and geek tee :) xoxo

    Energiq

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely purchases :) my sister is always wearing her Topshop Geek tshirt. I was lured into Asos this weekend by their 50% off high street brands, and was also in the 'I'm going to treat myself to things I can't afford' mood! I ended up with a gorgeous ombre cardigan and a pair of black jeggings, which should arrive tomorrow! I got sucked in by Urban Outfitters too last week... oops! If you can't treat yourself sometimes, then what is the point really :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Asos are so good, and they always seem to have some sort of offer/sale on! You should do a haul so we can see what you got! :) xx

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I loved them too, i just wish they had more bum coverage! aha :) x

      Delete
  11. really like the spike top!

    www.boldinballerinass.blogspot.co.uk

    Kamila xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i'm waiting for warmer weather to wear it :) x

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting :) x