Wednesday 30 January 2013

Mermaid Hair & Too Much Make-up - F&OOTD


I washed my hair yesterday evening and let it air dry until slightly damp. I then did a french plait on either side of my head and slept in them. I do this a lot since i'm extionally lazy when it comes to washing, drying & styling my hair. This way, i can simply whack it in two plaits without have to dry it and wake up the next morning with it practically styled for me. With a bit of wax and hairspray added, i really like the way it looks. Also, doing this most of the time saves my hair from a lot of heat damage! I applied my make-up as normal, expect for lipstick. (Please excuse the slightly eccentric dressing gown.)

I undid the plaits and gently ran my fingers through them. I then used some hairspray and Garnier hair wax to add volume, before pinning back my fringe/top/side section which is at a very strange awkward length at the moment, so with me being too lazy to trim it I have taken to just pinning it back. Then i put a bit of lippy on (Beguiled by Topshop.... you could've guessed).

  • Outfit (not sure what my left arm is doing?)
    • Long Sleeve Black T-shirt - New Look
    • Check Shirt - Hearts & Bows @ Asos
    • Skirt - Primark
    • (as usual, worn with my charity shop boots, bag & camo jacket with Topman hoody underneath)

8 comments:

  1. I love your hair, I wish mine was long enough to style like this. I've been trying to grow it for a while but it doesn't seem to want to!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Ohh i know how you feel, my hair grows at at snails pace aha, i've been growing it for the past year and a half! x

      Delete
  2. Love your hair! Your blog is so lovely, just followed :-) x

    Maddiestevens.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I've followed back - i really like your blog x

      Delete
  3. I'd love to do my hair like this but have no idea how to french braid!! You should do a tutorial :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy once you know how! :) i'm too shy for videos i think, but thank you for the suggestion! I'll see if i can work out some way of doing a photo tutorial :) x

      Delete
  4. I cant do french plaits because I lack the dexterity.Whenever I try and do them I get all annoyed and like "Ill never be able to do this because im not an octopus!".I too would love to be able to do it.
    http://doilookrichinthis.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practice makes perfect lovely! You'll get the hang of it sooner or later :) xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting :) x