Thursday 31 January 2013

Morning (Pre-Make-up) Skincare Rountine

Every morning, before applying make-up, i like to exfoliate my skin and use a light moisturiser. I exfoliate because i think it really wakes my skin up and buffing away blackheads and dead skin cells provides a smooth base for my make-up. I also like to use a very light moisturiser because I find anything too thick makes my face oily which results in my make-up sliding around on my skin and looking shiny - not a good look!
The Body Shop Seaweed Pore Cleansing Facial Exfoliator,  E45 Moisturising Lotion
*The Body Shop Seaweed Pore Cleansing Facial Exfoliator*
I used to use a Clearasil exfoliator. I started using it during school to combat my acne that I developed as a young teenager. However since i've aged my skin has (obviously) changed. Instead of mostly oily skin i now have skin that seems to change it's type everyday. Some days it's oily, some days it's dry. I still get the odd breakout but then next to that i'll have a sore, dry, flacky patch - it's just very awkward! I discovered the seaweed range at the body shop last year and this exfoliator is just perfect! It smoothes away dead skin cells and clears away blackheads, without being drying. It leaves me with lovely soft skin. It's a little pricy, but it last's me ages; using once a day, most days of the week, a tube this size (75ml) will last me a good 5/6 months. Available here.

*E45 Moisturising Lotion*
This product is perfect for my skin after exfoliating; because it's E45, it's formulated to work on very dry sensitive skin yet because it's a lotion it's extremely thin and doesn't leave my skin oily. Often i find moisturizers that are great for dry skin, but are thick so make me oily, or ones that are thin enough for oily skin but they don't do anything for my dry patches. This is the best of both worlds. And, it's super affordable! You only need a tiny amount so a bottle that size (200ml) would easily last over a year. Available here.

3 comments:

  1. whoa! thanks for sharing! wish there is a E45 in malaysia ..i've followed you!

    http://www.fatiguechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, i'll check out your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) x