Monday 28 January 2013

My Nightly Skincare Routine - It's Simple!

Recently i noticed a theme in my evening skincare routine, that id somehow never seen before - Simple. 
Something that I really love about the Simple products is the lack of alcohol, oils, perfume and colours. I have very sensitive, easily irritated skin, which can often end up feeling dry and sore after using some skincare brands. However, I love knowing that I can use Simple's products without having to worry about upsetting my skin. Another great point is that it's really affordable too! 
Cleansing Wipes, Hydrating Moisturiser, Eye Make-up Remover, Refreshing Face Wash
*Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes*
These wipes have been a staple in my nightly skincare routine ever since i started wearing make-up. I have tried others but I always go back to these. The wipes themselves are super soft and thick and they stay wet, unlike a lot of other brands which i find sometimes dry up really quickly. 
They gently cleanse my skin and remove my make-up really well, even my waterproof mascara. They leave my skin feeling super soft - not too oily nor dry and irritated. They are just perfect.
I always start my routine with these in order to remove the majority of my make-up. (Available here)

*Simple Refreshing Facial Wash Gel*
I've got to admit, i didn't know if simple even still made this! I bought this product years and years ago, i honestly dread to think how old it is, and i know i probably shouldn't be using it, but i really have just fallen back in love with it over the past few months. I never used to bother with a cleanser but decided I should probably use one so started using this again since i had it lying around at home. The gel formula is really light and produces a nice lather. It also has a really nice smell - nothing it particular it just somehow smells really clean and fresh. 
I use this after the wipes to give my skin a deep cleanse and remove any last traces of make-up. (Available here)

*Simple Eye Make-up Remover*
This is another staple product of mine. It is an absolute champ at removing waterproof mascara and is really gentle on my eyes. I just dab a bit onto a cotton wool pad and gently sweep it across my eyes, to remove any traces of eye make-up that may have been missed by the wipes and loosened by the face wash.  (Available here)

*Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser* 
Lastly, I use the moisturiser to give my skin a good burst of hydration overnight. I really like it and actually find it quite thick and luxurious considering it's supposed to be 'light'. Although, i think that's because I only ever normally use extremely thin, light moisturisers since anything too think can worsen my oily skin. I find this to be just right, thick enough without feeling heavy, and i also think it's best to have a thicker cream at night anyway. (Available here)

I will sometimes use these products in the morning too. On days when I don't intend to wear any make-up I'll just use the cleanser and the moisturiser. However, for most mornings, pre-make-up, I use two different products which i'll do a separate post on over the next week or so, so keep an eye out for that!

What do you like to use to remove your make-up before bed? Have you tired any of these simple products and what do you think of them? 

2 comments:

  1. Great post babby girl !!
    new follower!!!

    http://textbookbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) x