Saturday 4 January 2014

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser Review



Size: 100ml (Pump Starter Kit)

Stockists: Larger Boots Stores & John Lewis online and in store.

Price: £14.75

What It Says On The Tin: "Naturally Active Ingredients. Rosmary, Chamomile, Cocoa Butter & Eucalyptus Essential Oil. Cleanses and gently exfoliates for smoother, clearer skin."

The starter kit came in a small turquoise zip-up pouch with two (huge) muslin cloths and directions.


Consistency & Smell
I initially found the consistency a little off-putting - it's basically a very thick white cream. This coupled with the fact that it is applied to dry skin reminded me of a moisturizer which i found strange. I'm a little more used to it now that i've been using it for a week,  however it is definitely completely different to any cleanser i'm used before.
The smell is strong, so not great for anyone who's easily put off by fragrance. I wouldn't describe it as unpleasant but then i wouldn't say it's lovely either, i couldn't even tell you what it smells like - pretty useless here aren't i, sorry!

Does it work?

My cat insisted on getting in on my photoshoot aha
Simply, yes! I love it, it leaves my skin feeling super clean and fresh and very soft too. It seems to have no problem removing my layers of foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer & blusher. It does remove eye make-up too, however, if i'm wearing more than just mascara, I personally prefer to remove the majority of it first using an eye make-up remover.


Have any of you guys used this? If so, what do you think of it? I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :) x