Monday 13 January 2014

Saving Money

from Tumblr
So one of my big aims for this year is to save save save! I tend to get to the end of every month and wonder where on earth my money's gone. So i've decided i'm going to try to limit my spending to £30 a week, which sounded like plenty at first, but i spent £40 last week :/

I have a little diary, which I write down my spending in for each day. I add it up as I go, so if i reach £30 i know that i'm not allowed to spend anything else for that week. If i do go over (like last week) i deduct the amount i've gone over by from my £30 allowance for the following week. E.g. I spent £10 more than i should've last week, so this week I only have £20 to spend... which is going to be super tough since I'm going to Nottingham this weekend and the train's gonna cost me £15... 

...Hmmm starting to think maybe I should be allowing myself £40 instead. 
I'll see how it goes. I wanna give it a good go.

I'll try to update you each week to let you know how it's going, wish me luck! :)

xo

2 comments:

  1. i think i might use this limit tip, i'm so useless at saving money:(

    love Katy @ THE RAWRDROBE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, 8 hours after writing this post and i've already spend £4 :/ oh dear!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting :) x