Saturday 1 February 2014

52 Week Money Saving Challenge


Recently, I've been looking at other methods of saving money rather than just limiting myself each week. The other day i came across the '52 Week Money Saving Challenge'.

The idea is pretty simple, you start by moving £1 into a savings account in the first week of the year, and build up to £52 by the last week. Or, you could start with £52 and work your way down to £1, to account for the money you might need during the holiday season.

The challenge looks to have been started by Kassondra Perry-Moreland, and it went viral last year. I think it's a really clever and simple way of saving, and the variety and novelty of it makes it different to normal weekly saving plans. Or, if you'd prefer a set amount you could try putting away £26.50 per week.

Whatever method you decide to go for, by the end of the year you'll have saved a whopping £1,378!

Please let me know if any of you decide to try this! Or comment below if you have any saving plans of your own :)

xo


8 comments:

  1. Oh this is such a good idea! I'm always meaning to separate some of my wages into another account too..I may have to try this!! x

    flawedfairytale fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I'm guilty of spending so much money when it's there as it's so tempting, whereas it's a lot better when it's in a savings account.

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm terrible at saving! I'm am so easily tempted by things I don't need aha, and also rather guilty of impulse buying! Really trying to get my ass into gear this year because me and my boyfriend want to go traveling over summer :) x

      Delete
  3. I need to do this too ! I'm desperate to get into a proper saving habit xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should!! :) i couldn't believe how much it all added up to by the end of the year! xx

      Delete
  4. Such a great idea!

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) x